Practitioner in SWOP-My Participation as Fieldwork

Duties given to me and works done by me as a Practitioner in SWOP
Duties Given To Me: 
  • As a trainee social worker, the Institute of social welfare and Research (ISWR) of Dhaka University sent me to Social Welfare Outreach Project (SWOP) for gaining experience and skill by applying the acquired knowledge from social welfare into practical field. The duties that are given to me in sixty (60) days field work practice are the following– 
  • To gain or acquire knowledge on the agency, its background, aims and objectives, its programs, its funding or source of money, its administrative structure, it future plans etc. 
  • To organize the treatment of patients in hospitals, to look after them to hospitalize seriously ill patients and to serve medicines and other necessary goods along with the child care officers. 
  • To take interviews of both the patients and their guardians as a helper to childcare officers and to help him in the preparation of care history. 
  • To build up a good rapport with the patients and their attendants. 
  • To help the patients to adjust with the new environment of SWOP and hospital. 
  • To do counseling and motivation of the hospitalized and SWOP patients occasionally. 
  • To solve the problems of the patients being on methods and principles of social work. 
  • To make a good relationship with the SWOP patient to hospital, clinics and department of social service. 
  • To participate on circumspection meeting with the agency supervisor. 
  • To help the children in SWOP in many educational activities and to prepare assignments on specific subject. 
  • To make a bridges with the patients under SWOPs care to doctors of various clinics, hospital and private chambers. 
  • To console those patients who has miss conception regarding treatment by reducing their fears. 
  • To correct the mistake by showing the draft copy of final report to both the agency supervision and institute supervisor. 
Works Done By Me: 
  • During the field work practice, I had to perform various works and duties. I tried to be careful in completing completely the given duties to me in time. The works that I performed during my Field work Practice in SWOP are as follows– 
  • I took information from SWOP coming patients cautiously with the objectives like case study report predating and detail presentation of patients to doctors etc. This information gives me an overall conception on patients. 
  • Strictly maintained the office and schedule. To attend and depart from the Agency (SWOP) as well me the institute (ISWR) in due time helped me to be punctual. 
  • I have build up a stung tappet with the project manage ode icily steeps sponsored child and patients that comes under the project. This helped me to do my works in time. 
  • I tried to obey the principles, rules and regulations of the Agency (SWOP) like other officials and staffs of it. I think it helped me to be more careful and respectful to low. 
  • As a helping profession, social work comes to help the person, with problem. So, for solving the psychosocial problem of SWOP coming patients, I made the case study on them and identifying their problems, I tried to give to give them an appropriate remedy. 
  • As a tool to collect information from patients, I took the interviews of the patients and try to know their main problem with this interview process. 
  • Consulting to the concerning doctors, I admitted the SWOP coming patients to different hospitals and colonics according to their ailment. I book them to outdoor doctors of the hospitals so that they could get rid of their soon. 
  • I looked after the patients in hospitals and those hospitals released patients staying in SWOP, shard their wills and woes and tried to serve them their necessary goods within my mans. 
  • I talked to the patients lounging for reducing their stress and ensuring their easy cure of the disease, made funs and told them many interesting tales for lessening their fears of mind. 
  • I took the patients to hospitals, consulted to doctors, looked after them and served them necessary medicines according to the doctors prescription. 
  • I supervised and served the patients came form distant places from admitting to hospitals and then staying in SWOP for follow-up according to their need. 
  • I encouraged everyone relating to the patients hospitalization, decision making in performing operation, to intake necessary medicines in time and to make cautions and careful the family members of the patients. 
  • For early cure and development of overall condition of the patients, I maintained a good communication with the project manager, child care officers, Doctors and Nurse and tried to keep continuous coordination with them. I also informed them always the patients overall condition. 
  • I took the case history of every patient that I dealt with and tried to make a solve of their problem considering the condition.

Blog Archive