Practical Experience from the Field Work Practice(Self-Evolution & Failure)

  • Practical Experience 
  • Self-Evolution 
  • Failure
  • Conclusion
Practical Experience from the Field Work Practice: 
Correlation between theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge is professional education is essential. Social work is a profession. So a social worker has to acquire knowledge from real environment on subjects like the nature of human behaviors, social relation, cultural values, environments etc. Only field work practice gives this opportunity to trainee social worker. The experience I gathered in accomplishing my duties and works on the field work practice at SWOP are the following:
  • Various types of patients comes to SWOP from many place round the country, talking to them, I gathered experience on their social status, acceptance, beliefs, power, rights, duties, ideals, values, ethics, language, culture, lifestyle, religion, family, conception about others, prejudice, roams, philosophy, accountability etc. 
  • I learnt how to coordinate nicely with project Manager, child care officer, doctors, nurses, patients, attendants to patients, many institutions, their divisions and wings and how to send a client to other institutions if necessary. 
  • I came to know on the placement and working methods of many hospitals clinics and nursing homes as I had to go with the patients there. 
  • I had misconception on medical social service before my field work practice. I came to know the necessity of medical social service by field work practice. 
  • Consulting with doctors and dealing with patients, I came to know the names of many diseases, their characteristics, the way of prevention and cure or getting relief etc which I think could not be possible from my part elaborately. 
  • In the field work practice of SWOP, I supervised the patients those I dealt with and as such I acquired knowledge on supervision. 
  • I came to know how to take a complete interview of clients and gained practical knowledge on the techniques, terms and conditions of an interview. I realized the importance of the principle of acceptance. 
  • I came to know how to solve the client’s problem by using the individual’s resources in the best possible way. 
  • Rapport build up is an important part and parcel of social case work. In the field work practice at SWOP, I gained necessary knowledge on the methods of rapport building and how to develop it. 
  • In my field work practice at SWOP I entered into and exited from SWOP in due time which helped me to be more cautious and punctual. Besides, I learnt the lesson of working orderly, to look after an office, to study the files and papers, and to keep continuous communication. 
  • I learnt how to proved institutional service through field work practice. 
  • I got an excellent opportunity of providing flawless service to the clients not deviating from the code of ethics of social welfare in any complicate and emotional moments. 
  • I gained a lot of experience on office management during my field work practice. I got the knowledge on the subject like staff management and control, of decision making, salary structure, staff recruitment, administrative bureaucracy, keeping communication with other institutions etc. 
  • I learnt the way of specifying the aims and objectives of an institution or agency, how to achieve these and what the matter to be counted in a sense, during my field work practice, I have acquired knowledge on every side of a proper planning from formulation to implementation. 
  • I became much experienced on evaluating programs during practical field work practice. 
  • I have got practical experience on conducting follow-up for knowing the matters like the development of patient’s condition, their demands and needs etc. 
  • I got the opportunity to develop intricacy with people of every level of the society by serving them. I could realize especially the real picture of majority of the people of how much they are poor ignorant, illiterates, helpless and disdained. 
Self-Evolution: 
My Success as a Trainee Social Worker: 
  • Every man is subject to success and failure. A man could not succeed completely by trying frequently. Likewise, I had to confront success as well as failure while doing my duties in SWOP in my field work practice. Besides, the topics where I thought to be successful in this short period are the following: 
  • I gained knowledge on various diseases. 
  • I learnt and developed adapting skills in completely new environment. 
  • I could realize that it is not possible to help a person with problem through theoretical knowledge. 
  • I got a clear conception on the aims, objectives, programs etc of agency or institute I worked with. 
  • At last, I became successful in presenting a final report on my field work practice in SWOP. 
  • I co-operated completely the patients whom I dealt with in SWOP in subjective, mental, social and treatment oriented matters according to the clients- centered social work method. 
  • I became successful in applying the theories and methods of social work especially the values, ideals, ethics and techniques of social case work. 
  • I took the case history, family history and the history of social problems of my client and thus helped the concerning doctors in treatment of the patient. 
  • I drew an end to four (4) long cases and three (3) short cases as well. 
  • As a trainee medical social worker, I became successful in providing mental support and consolation to my clients (patients) by developing intimacy during field work practice. 
Failure: 
  1. As a new trainee social worker, my knowledge has some limitations. So, I could not do too many duties. I pointed out my failures below: 
  2. There may be some mistakes in the final report which I consider as my failure. 
  3. I could not testify all the information collected from the clients because of the short of time. 
  4. The interviewing of one is taken in front of others. As such, some information too became unknown. 
  5. I could not complete some cases because of the storage of time and space. 
  6. I could not ensure any stable material help to my clients. 
  7. I could not provide help to all the patients or the service beneficiaries in SWOP equally because of the storage of adequate time with the limitations of sixty (60) working days. 
Conclusion: 
Finally, it can be strongly said that field work is an integral part of social work practice which play a vital role in enriching and expanding the theoretical knowledge at practical work. It gives opportunity to the students to prepare coping with problematic person, group and community by using the method and approach of social work. During my field work practice at social welfare outreach project (SWOP), I had to practice medical social work on the basis of the principles of social case work. I feel me fortunate. The social worker can easily come to the direct contact to people while working in SWOP .Working to provide help to co-operate them of all possible kind within my limits and strength applying the methods, techniques and knowledge of social work. 
During my working period with aged people, conducted study on them. I learnt to be responsible and devoted through the few days training. I could reach near to the poor lower class people within the few days in my field work practice. This helps to enrich my knowledge as a trainee social worker. At last, I am concluding my report writing wishing the expansion of arena, importance and utility of field work practice programs and the success of SWOP in the welfare of the poor and helpless people. As a trainee social worker of social welfare, I apologize for any unwanted mistakes made by me in the way to my final report writing and hope the proper evaluation of my field work practice report.

Blog Archive